- 9x9 square baking pan
- Parchment paper (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup half and half, or a combination of milk and cream
- 1/2 cup CannaKit Infused Butter at room temperature (1 stick)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole cranberries (you can use frozen, but don't thaw)
- 2 Tbsp sparkling sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly spray a 9x9 inch baking pan. (You can line the dish with 2 sheets of parchment paper with long ends)
- Mix the half and half with lemon juice and set aside.
- Cream the soft butter and sugar together for about 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of your bowl as needed, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and extracts, followed by the baking powder and salt.
- Lower your mixer speed and blend in 1/2 the flour, just until it's almost all blended, then add the half and half, and finally the rest of the flour. Just blend until the flour is incorporated, and then stop.
- Gently fold in the cranberries, making sure to get them evenly distributed but not crushed.
- Spread the batter (it will be quite thick) evenly into your pan. You can add extra cranberries to the surface of the cake, gently pushing them in.
- Sprinkle the sparkling sugar over the surface of the cake and then bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until risen, golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without wet batter on it. Try not to over bake the cake, and check on the early side, especially if your oven runs hot.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan, then, if you used parchment, you can remove the cake to cool completely, or slice while still slightly warm.
-Serve and enjoy!