- 9x13 baking pan
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick buttermelted
- 1 small pkg (2.25 oz) sliced almonds
- 2 21 ounce cans cherry pie filling
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl mix both cans of cherry pie filling together with the vanilla and pour into the 9x13 baking dish. Use a spatula to make sure the entire dish is covered in an even layer
- Pour yellow cake mix over evenly over the top of the cherries.
- Pour melted butter evenly over the top of the yellow cake mix. Do not stir.
- Spread almonds evenly over the top.
- Bake 50 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping and enjoy!
Notes: To make in an 8x8 pan instead, just halve the recipe!